My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have a master's in journalism and I am highly unstable. But enough about me. How are you?

Friday, March 04, 2005

How to kick the SAT's butt

It's safe to say that nearly everyone knows that the SATs and ACTs are extremely important to colleges. Is it fair that one test can keep a student from pursuing his dreams and enhancing his education? Absolutely not! However, whether we like it or not, standardized tests still have the power to make or break your children's future. But do not worry, my friends, because in a March 1 article of washingtonpost.com, Washington Post edcuation columnist Jay Mathews offer six easy steps to ace the SATs:

1. Don't forget to bring three sharpened pencils and a watch.
2. Don't overthink it.
3. Use short sentences with active verbs.
4. Don't be afraid to cross out bad stuff.
5. Be personal.
6. Entertain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home