My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have a master's in journalism and I am highly unstable. But enough about me. How are you?

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

TV-Turnoff Week Has Begun

What on earth is TV-Turnoff Week? It's a little difficult to define, but I'll try anyway.

TV-Turnoff Week is a week when people turn off their TVs (Boy, that was hard). CNN.com said that this week, from April 25 to May 1, about 8 million people decide to drop their remotes and step away from the TV. The event, which has existed for 11 years, was created to persuade others to stop watching so much television.

This special week might be something America needs. A recent Kaiser Family Foundation survey show that third-graders through 12th-graders devoted, on average, nearly six and a half hours per day to TV and videos, music, video games and computers.

Take a peek at the Turn-off TV Week website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home