My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have a master's in journalism and I am highly unstable. But enough about me. How are you?

Sunday, January 15, 2006

CNN Encourages Students to Learn More about Dr. King

In honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday, the student news section in CNN.com featured an "extra!" that features a brief summary of Martin's life, his achievements, and his death. CNN encourages those who read it to "Use this Extra! as a springboard for your students to discuss and research the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."

I felt that that is a very good idea. I obviously can't discuss MLK to you all, but I can give you a few links that will help you learn more about him.


Martin Luther King, Jr. Research and Education Institute

Selected Reference Sources from Louisiana State University Libraries, Baton Rouge, LA

The Seattle Times Website

Factmonster

The King Center

Martin Luther King Jr National Historic Site (National Park Service)


American Rhetoric


Happy Birthday Dr. King!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home