My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have a master's in journalism and I am highly unstable. But enough about me. How are you?

Friday, April 29, 2005

Hip Hop Artist Offers "Pimp Juice" Scholarship for Teens

Once upon a time, when a person thinks of the word "pimp," that person sees a greasy, disgusting creep smacking around one of his "ladies of the night." Now, thanks the hip hop artists like Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, and Nelly, who came about with a song and called "Pimp Juice," a few years back, being a pimp is now a wonderful thing. I'm still trying to figure out how pimps are considered to be positive.

Pimps are so positive that last year Nelly has created the P.I.M.P Juice scholarship according to a Chicago Tribune column. P.I.M.P, by the way, stands for "positive, intellectual, motivated person."

Call me uptight, but there's something slightly wrong about a student writing an essay explaining why he (or she) is the best pimp ever.

I completely agree with the column's author, columist Dawn Turner Trice, when she said, "Let's forget, for a moment, the word's incarnation as an adjective and even a verb. Let's go back to its definition as a noun. A pimp is a sleazy subhuman who exploits people, primarily women and girls, to enhance his own ego and coffers. He's an abusive predator. You can't refashion such a misogynistic word and give it respectability."


For those of you who want to learn more about the P.I.M.P Scholarship Foundation anyway, click here, yo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You aren't going to believe this website! If you really like pic teen topanga then this is even bigger than you can imagine!

Twins Twins Twins! Free sample pic here at my blog:
Milton Twins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And feel free to post at my blog too.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home