My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have a master's in journalism and I am highly unstable. But enough about me. How are you?

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Senior Year Slump May Be Extinct Soon

I haven't heard the term "senioritis" since my senior year of high school. If I remember correctly, "senioritis" is when a senior experiences the case of the "I have nothing to do but wait for graduation" blues. I remember suffering from a mild case of this disease myself. I was nearly done with all of Morgan Park High's requirements and I felt a little bit bored and frustrated with pretty much every single @#$!@%& thing about my school (no offense, Morgan Park).

Future seniors, however, might not have that problem. USA Today said that U.S. governors plan to terminate "senioritis" with ideas such as early graduation and "dual enrollment," which allows students to earn high school and college credit. These programs may lead to fewer construction costs for new schools, cheaper tuition costs for students who are entering college, and more available spots on college campuses.

Read the USA Today's "We need cure for 'senioritis,' governors say" article and a related article, "With 'senioritis' the diagnosis, the search for a cure is on" to find out more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home