My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have a master's in journalism and I am highly unstable. But enough about me. How are you?

Friday, April 29, 2005

A Moment With Margaret Spellings

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Some of you might not recognize the woman in the picture above, but I'm sure that many of you, especially those you lovely, lovely people who read my blogs, have heard of heard of her. She is Margaret Spellings, the U.S. Secretary of Education and the woman leading the charge in a fight against the NCLB rebellion.

The New York Times offers everyone an opprotunity to get to know Spellings with its 2-page report. Read about her roots-she was an earth mother/Republican back when she was an education lobbyist in Austin, Texas. Learn about her reputation as a fearless woman who isn't afraid to get rough when it comes to an important issue-a Washington lobbyist who has know her since joined the Bush Administration, said, "Margaret Spellings terrifies me."

The National Education Association and the states involved in the NCLB lawsuit may be in for a major fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home