My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have a master's in journalism and I am highly unstable. But enough about me. How are you?

Monday, April 04, 2005

Red Ink is Evil, Parents Say

The following post will be mostly red in protest to the following:

CNN.com's latest article reports that Daniels Farm Elementary School in Trumbull, Connecticut, has banned the use of red ink for grading schoolwork after recieving grief from parents who consider red ink to be "stressful."

And guess what else...

The hottest new color that is being used by many of America's teachers is PURPLE.

Should red ink be banned? Of course not! Red ink isn't scary. In fact, red ink is...red ink. Okay, so the sight of red ink on a paper can be a little irritating for a student to see, but keeping red ink away from test papers one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. In fact, I believe that a little stress on a student and even a parent is a good thing. The undeniable power of red motivates student to wake up and pay attention to their progress in schools. This is yet another example of how ignorant most parents are these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home